Okay, so at first, packing my hospital bag for my upcoming hospital visit (AKA labor!) didn’t seem like that big of a deal. But as it got closer, I realized I sorta wanted to bring a lot of things!...
You guys, I had so much fun scouring my shop, The Warehouse by Jasmine Roth, for the Mid-Century Meets Jasmine Roth episode of Hidden Potential! Mid-century design is full of organic shapes and materials, with a nod to the Bauhaus principle of form following functionality. (Sorry; I have to get a little design-nerdy every now and then.)
Check out these organic, fully functional AND fabulous finds that helped to make MJ and Mike feel instantly comfortable in their new, modern mid-century home.
- Happy Bamboo Bowl, set of 2 – I mean, seriously, if these bowls don’t make you feel happy, then I don’t know what does!
- Bret Natural Seagrass Rug – Great for use in any room of the house, seagrass is naturally antibacterial, and also a cool layering piece.
- Kona Triple Bench – The strong lines of this bench mimic the horizontal pattern used on the custom fence in the front yard; plus, benches are so multifunctional that I like to try and include them in all my designs.
- Clay Boxes, set of 2 – The texture and warmth of these boxes add appeal to any design vignette.
- Seagrass Large Natural Basket – More seagrass! This natural material is such a great neutral, while also lending cool texture to any room.
- Mongolian Rug – Use this “rug” on the floor, thrown over a bench, or layered with pillows on the couch. It instantly cozies up any room.