Just seven months before I showed up to help, Ozzie and Lauren had purchased this home and were ready to move in. But not before they reworked their massive backyard, laid flooring in their dining...
E9 Shop the Look: Mid Mod Meets Jasmine Roth
You guys, I had so much fun scouring my shop, The Warehouse by Jasmine Roth, for the Mid-Century Meets Jasmine Roth episode of Hidden Potential! Mid-century design is full of organic shapes and materials, with a nod to the Bauhaus principle of form following functionality. (Sorry; I have to get a little design-nerdy every now and then.)
Check out these organic, fully functional AND fabulous finds that helped to make MJ and Mike feel instantly comfortable in their new, modern mid-century home.
- Happy Bamboo Bowl, set of 2 – I mean, seriously, if these bowls don’t make you feel happy, then I don’t know what does!
- Bret Natural Seagrass Rug – Great for use in any room of the house, seagrass is naturally antibacterial, and also a cool layering piece.
- Kona Triple Bench – The strong lines of this bench mimic the horizontal pattern used on the custom fence in the front yard; plus, benches are so multifunctional that I like to try and include them in all my designs.
- Clay Boxes, set of 2 – The texture and warmth of these boxes add appeal to any design vignette.
- Seagrass Large Natural Basket – More seagrass! This natural material is such a great neutral, while also lending cool texture to any room.
- Mongolian Rug – Use this “rug” on the floor, thrown over a bench, or layered with pillows on the couch. It instantly cozies up any room.